Lisbreen House Belfast, Somerton Road, Belfast
About this project
Lisbreen house is a Grade B listed heritage building in north Belfast which houses the residence and offices of the Bishop of Down and Connor.
We were appointed as electrical sub contractor due to our ability to demonstrate understanding of and empathy with Lisbreen House’s heritage value, and the unique challenges presented with a project of this nature.
In installing the complete electrical upgrade, our ability to provide skilled personnel with the knowledge and understanding of the prestigious building in which they were working in was critical.
Working with other craftsmen at Lisbreen House, we were keenly aware of the importance to maintain all existing architectural structures and features.
Project Challenges at a Glance
- Grade B listed historic building
- Sustaining and adding value to the listed building’s significance by delivering high quality craftsmanship and materials
- show an understanding of the heritage significance of the listed building and its setting
- seek to minimise any harm to the listed building’s heritage value or special interest
- Incorporating appropriate colour contrast between surfaces (walls, floors, frames, doorways, and different floor finishes) and lighting levels.