Lidl East Wall, Dublin
About this project
The new Lidl at the East Wall in central Dublin is located in a new mixed-use development. The 19,500 sq ft shop is considered one of Lidl’s leading stores in Dublin because of its superb design and fit out.
Working on this complex new build project, our entire team clearly demonstrated their experience in working in partnership with other contractors. We were contracted to install mechanical, electrical and ventilation installation services in two blocks totalling 6,258sq m (67,360sq ft) on a 0.9 hectare site.
The first block, fronting East Wall Road and Church Road, comprises four stories arranged around a 118-space rear car park. The ground floor provided 1,980sq m (21,313sq ft) for Lidl. Above the store there is a gym and two floors of offices. The second block, of two storeys, included a drive-through restaurant of 655sq m (7,050sq ft), a shop and office space.
This prestige project enabled our management and site personnel to demonstrate their ability to complete on time and within budget. We were working with other contractors and our project management experience meant that we were able to coordinate all our efforts with our colleagues coming in on time and within budget and delivering the project snag free.
Project Challenges at a Glance
- Coordinating various services with other third parties.
- Live and busy site adjacent to Lidl’s headquarters.
- Maintaining and exceeding a high level of health and safety.
- Managing and maintaining site operatives on shift work basis.
- Maintaining a high level of health and safety throughout.
- Completing project defect/snag free.