Lidl Dunore Road, Drogheda
About this project
The new Lidl store in Drogheda features a number of eco-friendly characteristics that reduce its environmental impact. These include a natural refrigeration system, ED lighting and sustainably sourced wooden building materials.
The site also features free electric vehicle charging stations for customers and renewable, solar and wind powered car park lighting, all requiring specialist electrical skills and expertise.
We were chosen to complete the mechanical, electrical and ventilation services in the 2,906sq m store. Our experience and ability ensured that this was the first Lidl store in the country with many of these impressive new features and is part of ongoing effort by them to meet the many targets set out in their Origin Green sustainability plan.
Project Challenges at a Glance
- Coordinating various services with other third parties.
- Live and busy site adjacent to Lidl’s headquarters.
- Maintaining and exceeding a high level of health and safety.
- Managing and maintaining site operatives on shift work basis.
- Maintaining a high level of health and safety throughout.
- Completing project defect/snag free.